Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Today was a tough one for me. My Birthday was yesterday and my mom's card for me came in the mail, but since it was such a crazy day on my Birthday I didn't even get the mail out of the mailbox. When I was going out to run my errands I pulled the mail out and immediately spotted the pink envelop with her handwriting on it. I didn't think the emotions would start flowing the way they did. I miss my mom so much and I hate knowing that these days have been so horrible for her. I wasn't expecting a card from her at all but at the end she wrote I am sorry that I can't be there with you. I thought how unselfish no I am the one that is sorry that she has to be there yeah I miss her but compared to what she is going through right now I will survive. I will take this sacrifice to be able to have many more years with her. I want her bloodcells to drop where they need to be so they start multiplying. She is definitely a fighter and she will beat this!
Jess

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you feel Jess. My dad has battled cancer 3 times in the past 7 years. Although he has overcome the cancer I still thank god everyday for allowing me to have him "just one more day". You have 3 beautiful children and are very blessed. I hope everything works out for your mom.
Take Care, Chris A. Wareham (Alex)

12:58 PM  
Blogger Cindy Lou said...

Jess---you touch my life more than you will ever know! I know you had a bad year and if i could i would take your pain from you Love you sweet baby girl love mom

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from jsshoebox@ameritech.net. Make your own badge here.